Monday, September 7, 2009

"Happy September, where all things happen in the Roberts Family"

This was in the message my bf, Allison, left me on my birthday. It's true that September's probably the ultimate month of celebration for the 3 of us! Friday was not only my birthday, but also our 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

People are usually surprised to learn I got married on my birthday, and they always ask if I'm happy I did that. It's a funny question to me because I can't understand who wouldn't want to get married on their birthday? It's like making your special day 1000 times more special -- so yes, getting married on your birthday is awesome!

So what did we do to commemorate such a special occasion? -- Well, not so much special stuff really. Friday we both had to work -- hard. This is a very busy season for both of us. And then Friday night we went to a leadership conference at our church -- but we went with our "Grad Group" and you know how much I love those guys -- so we had dinner all together and then headed to the church where Ross King and Donna Stuart led worship and Ben Stuart gave an amazing talk. I wouldn't have spent that evening any other way.

Saturday morning Dan and I had brunch at Christopher's -- it was incredible -- everyone should go. And our friends Josh and Marni came to stay with us that night. I had the opportunity to mentor Marni for 3 years while she was at A&M and Josh interned at the church -- but now they live in Dallas and he's going to seminary. Catching up with my dear Marni was a huge gift - thanks, God!

Also, I should add that my parents swept our little guy off to Cypress for the weekend which was greatly appreciated. I do think he came back a little chunkier then he left, however ;) I know he had a blast -- not so sure if my parents are even out of bed yet today though.

We aren't done w/ the Sept celebrating yet: Wrigley turns 4 tomorrow, and of course Carson will be 1 in 3 weeks!

You know how I feel about long posts, and try to never do this to my readers, but it's my birthday post - so I can do what I want!

No comments: