Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh here we go!

Well, what can I say, I'm going to be a mom.

I came across a really touching blog today (a friend of a friend of a friend) - essentially, someone I've never even heard of, but reading it made me start crying. Then my crying escalated a little bit, so I had to get up and shut my door (did I mention this was at work?). So of course I keep reading the blog and looking at pictures, crying all the more, when one of our new college interns comes to my office (in response to a possibly angry email I had sent him earlier.)

The situation was so pitiful it was actually funny. I'm quickly trying to wipe my eyes and explain myself: "sorry, Robbie, I was looking at a sad blog" (how ridiculous!) and he's too embarrassed to even look at me. By the time we were through, I had composed myself, but when he had a follow up question 10 minutes later - he called.

All this to say, my co-workers are now witnessing the effects of my hormonies making me crazy - at least its something we can all laugh about (except for Robbie - I think he might have some more processing to do).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what was happening in there. i saw the whole thing go down, but didn't understand what was going on exactly. good to know.

Beth LoSurdo said...

Ha Ha! I can totally identify. If you think this is bad, just wait until right after Carson is born. I was so weirdly emotional post pregnancy. My hormones were a wreck!! I would start crying for no reason at all. I literally started blubbering one day as I watched my nephew fly a kite :)

Shannon said...

Oh, Amber. You are too sweet!

Shannon said...

p.s. Was it Audrey Caroline's blog? That one is so touching.