Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dr. Jansky and Me (33 wks)

Went to the Dr today - remembered to bring a good book this time. The nurse was very reassuring about my 3 lb weight gain and said it's all baby (we both knew better, though ;)
My blood pressure is high, which isn't good. I've never had high blood pressure (even during pregnancy) so because of that, my appts will now be only 1 week apart! Yikes, I don't know if I have that much time to sit around at the Dr's office! She also told me to go pre-register at the hospital, which I didn't have time to do that either - maybe next week.
Carson is head down, which confirms those kicks in the ribs - but they aren't that bad. And finally, I'm measuring 34 - still don't know what unit of measurement goes with that number, but she always gives an approving nod when she reads it, so I figure that's good.
So all in all, "I'm trucking along" (in her words). I'm crossing my fingers for an early arrival - say at 37 weeks, but that's probably being a bit ambitious.

3 comments:

Beth LoSurdo said...

I had high blood pressure too when I had Addison. I got it the last 5 weeks. I will be praying for you!! Can't wait to meet little Carson :) We will be up in CS next weekend. Maybe we can get together before the game? What's a good time?

Erica said...

Oh I hope your pressure stays down! High BP was why I had Eli 2 months premature. :( Of course, you're way farther along than I was when it started. Just TAKE IT EASY, okay? Rest is the best way to keep it low! Carson will be here before you know it!

M Roberts said...

keeping track of you and praying for you here!!! hope all goes well.
love you!