Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A day every mom remembers

I was feeling a little adventuresome/ambitious this morning as I was getting ready for the day. Something told me ... maybe the crisp air, maybe the fresh rain fall, maybe the short to-do list ... that today would be full of possibility. So I made up my mind and took the leap. I walked to my closet and dug up an old friend. Yes, my pre-pregnancy jeans. There I stood before the mirror with a look of determination. One leg in ... so far, so good. There goes the second leg and I've got the pants pulled above my knees -- do I dare go any further? Okay, a little wiggle and we've passed the hips (there's no turning back now), here comes the moment of truth. With a crazed look in my eye, I suck in and force that button through its hole like my life depended on it (and for a moment, it did) and SUCCESS!!! I have buttoned a pair of pants that does not have elastic around the waist! Was I comfortable? Oh heavens no! Did they look good? Not quite like I remembered, but I put on a baggy shirt and wore those jeans for the next 5 hours until I couldn't stand it a moment longer. So here I sit now in my stretchy pants blogging about the day's events. Maybe I'll try for 6 hours tomorrow.

2 comments:

Erica said...

This cracks me up, because I know exactly how you feel! :) Way to go!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh...I am SO jealous! I cant even get my jeans over my hips! I have a feeling it will be summer before I will be able to button anything!