Friday, September 26, 2008

The Short Version for the guys and those with lives

Went to the hospital at 12:30pm on Wednesday and things got underway immediately. Once I got my epidural, I felt great and just hung out for the next 7 hours as I dilated and contracted. We had family visitors and watched tv intermittently. Then at about 8:30, it was time to push. My epidural was wearing off quickly, so I was in pain and was more than happy to get this over with. Daniel was a complete champ and could not have done a thing better. Carson was born at 9:30 and was completely healthy. He was welcomed at the hospital by a family audience including his Granny and Papa (my parents), his Grandma and Grandpa (Daniel's parents), his Aunt Ashley and Uncle Lee, and his Great Aunt Ande! The next day we had about 20 visitors at the hospital, and then weren't allowed any the day after because we were so tired :) Tomorrow we go home with the little guy and are ready to learn how to be parents!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading both the long and short version. We're so happy and excited for you guys! Carson is precious.

Anonymous said...

well done amber, i am proud of you! sorry i didn't come and visit ya'll, see you soon hopefully!