Friday, September 12, 2008

Dr. Jansky and me (36 weeks)

Today was a great checkup. Normal blood pressure and my pelvic exam revealed that I've only dilated a small bit over the past week (she said I'm "at a loose 1"), but I'm 75% effaced. Sooooo, she scheduled an induction for Wednesday morning, Sept 24!!! She wants to give his lungs a couple more weeks to develop, but is suspecting his weight to be around 8lbs right now - so the sooner we deliver the better -- and I agree! It's so fun to have this knowledge and puts my mind at ease knowing we've got 2 weeks to finish getting ready. I know anything could happen, still, but it's nice to have a plan :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay!! That's so exciting Amber! If the answer is acceptable to be explained on a blog comment, what does effaced mean? If the answer is too personal and detailed for a blog, no big deal, it's not crucial I know :). Anyways, enjoy your last 2 weeks of getting ready!