Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting Close

So I suppose that a week from today we should have a baby. This is one of the strangest feelings in the world to me and it's hard to process. I'm at an emotional crossroads of wanting to have this little guy out of me, but worrying that I might not be able to handle it once he is. I know that I will receive God's grace as I need it - so I'll try not to draw on something that will come when the timing is right. Life is changing so much already and we seem to mostly just be twiddling our thumbs waiting to meet our son.

My appt with Dr Jansky went well yesterday. I'm now more than 2cm dilated and 90% effaced (Lynn, I won't go in to details, but it's part of a lining in you that needs to thin out all the way b/f the baby can be born). I really wonder if I'll go in to labor before Wednesday and wouldn't be surprised if I do. We'll see I guess.

It is so awesome that God knows the exact moment when Carson will come into the world and that He planned it from the beginning of time! We hope to introduce him to you all soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Thanks for the info - that will surely suffice until I have a need to know more...which will be a while unlike you dreamed for me :). That is so funny! I'm glad you didn't accidentily tell anyone!

Shannon said...

Amber, we are so excited. I love how you describe it all. I just know you will be an excellent mommy!

Erica said...

You will have all that you need to be a wonderful mommy to that sweet little boy! You'll know it the moment you look at his face! I'm SO excited for you, Amber. There is no greater feeling that holding your newborn!

Holly Peters said...

Wow! I can't believe you are so close. We will be praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!

Beth LoSurdo said...

Hey Amber...I know you are getting induced tomorrow morning and I just wanted to let you know i will be praying for you!! Can't wait to see pics of Carsen! :)