Thursday, October 9, 2008

Still alive... right?

Well, we've made it to the two week mark. I know I haven't given you guys an update in a while and I appreciate your patience as I try to figure out this mommy business - appearantly its either really hard, or I'm just a slow learner. Here's a breif update of what's been going on in our lives:
Week 1: We didn't get to leave the hospital until Sunday after Carson was born - that's 4 nights! Carson was struggling w/ jaundice and had to go under the lights. He also wasn't feeding well. Finally we got to go home, only to finish the week w/ daily doctor visits and of course, sleepless nights. It was definitely the hardest week of my life, I'd say.
Week 2: Much better! At Carson's two week check up, he still wasn't back up to his birth weight, but gaining - so that's good.
Here are a few of our favorite pictures captured during our first two weeks as a family:







4 comments:

Erica said...

I have daily (and shamelessly) been checking your blog, wondering how you were doing with motherhood! I'm so glad to hear that week 2 has been a little better and that you guys are enjoying your sweet little boy! Things do get better, believe me- the sleepness nights somehow just get phased out. :)

Beth LoSurdo said...

Yay! More details!!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, he looks bigger already. What a little blessing. Keep truckin', sweet friend. God's grace is sufficient for thee. :)

M Roberts said...

my new favorite little cubs fan!