Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sometimes the Mommy needs HER Mommy

"Tell .. Daniel, ... 'I love him'"
That's how I felt last Sunday while battling a sudden wave of nausea and spending the afternoon (unsuccessfully) trying not to throw up. Who knows what it was, food poisoning, a virus, morning sickness ... okay - I promise it wasn't the last one :) but I know you guys read for ridiculous comments like that, so I didn't want to withhold. Anywho, thank you, thank you, Lord because my mom had already taken Monday off work so she could come hang out with Carson. And so she came - like Super Woman - to save the day!

It was better than going to a spa (even though I felt like I was dying - and yes, "Drama Queen" is my middle name). My mom spent her whole day doing the following:
chasing Carson around
cleaning up my house
chasing Carson around
going grocery shopping
chasing Carson around
cooking dinner -- which fed us literally all week
and chasing Carson around
(she may even have done some laundry -- but once again - I was dying so it was hard to keep track)

And apparently that was the best medicine, because I woke up Tuesday morning feeling 100%

Thanks, Mom. You're the best!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I miss being there. But Mom probably took better care of things than I would have.