Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What part of "No" don't you understand?

Well, in Carson's case, apparently all parts! Right now his exersaucer is set up in the corner of the living room by the window -- and a few conveniently placed outlets. They are of course out of reach, but not covered. This morning he noticed them and was instantly compelled to touch them. There he stood, reaching for them, while I'm behind him saying, "Carson, no ... aaa (that's a sound I make that's hard to spell that Wrigley understands to mean "no" so I figure Carson should also) ... no touch." He knows his name (or at least we think he does) so he would turn around, give me a big smile, then turn back and reach for the outlets again.
So I've learned a couple things from this:
1. It's time to baby proof
2. My hopes that my son would instinctively understand obedience have gone unanswered
3. If it's dangerous, Carson wants it.

2 comments:

Beth LoSurdo said...

ahhh...the joys of parenting begin! I told Addison "no" last week and she turned around, laughed at me, and continued to try to open the cabinet....funny how that sinful nature starts to pop up pretty early :)

M Roberts said...

i guess we need to start baby proofing (prooving?) aroung here too!