Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Road Trip

Yesterday Carson and I took our first trip out of town. I haven't left College Station since August and have certainly been feeling a little stir-crazy (most of my friends know that I love leaving town and taking day trips). We went to Plum, TX where my mom's parents live. (Plum is a small town outside of LaGrange and is about an hour and a half away) My Granny and Grandpa came to see Carson in the hospital, but never got to hold him because he was taken in to the nursery right when they got there, so I thought we'd make it up to them.
Our trip went very smoothly. Maybe too smoothly, because Carson pretty much slept the entire time and woke up only for about 10 minutes so his great-Granny could feed him. In the meantime, we had lunch, went for a walk, and went to see my Granny's sister, Marlene, to show him off. We'll be back up there for Thanksgiving, so even though he didn't see too much of the country this time, he'll get another chance soon.

check out the cute shoes!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So proud of you, Carson, and how well you did! You will no doubt go on many road trips with your sweet Mommy, so it's good to learn flexibility. ;)