Monday, June 23, 2008

Some days are just more productive than you expect

Daniel and I drove to Houston on Saturday to pick out nursery furniture with my mom. After learning that it can take 8-16 weeks to come in, I decided we had better get a move on.

By the way, I've been reading "Baby Bargains", a great resource that I think all moms-to-be should invest in. It has given me a wealth of knowledge on all things baby - it's kind of like the "Consumer Reports" of baby gear and helped us in picking out a quality crib.

So back to shopping: we went to USA Baby in Houston - Daniel and I went last week to scout it out - and the three of us were able to settle on a setting that we all loved. (It's the Majestic collection by Munire' for anyone interested). I went to place the order and the sales associate informed me that they had it all in stock (apparently it's their most popular item). Of course we had no intention of this and had just come in our Honda. So mom bought it, of course sparing no expense on her first grand baby, and they held it for us. Well then, my gracious father offered to not only go back to the store to pick it up with his trailer, but then drove it straight to College Station for us. But that's not all, then he stayed and helped Daniel set it all up! I'm so overwhelmed by my parents' generosity - what a special, special day for all of us!!!

Grandpa the mechanical genius


Even Daniel was able to smile during the construction process


This crib was really no match for these guys - as they had it done in under an hour.


If only the rest of the house could live up to this nursery!

4 comments:

Beth LoSurdo said...

Yay! Baby Furniture. It looks good! We got our stuff at USA Baby too...and ours is Munire as well. However, ours took nearly 18 weeks to get here!! You are so blessed to not have to put your nursery together two weeks before you have the baby :)

Beth LoSurdo said...

By the way, doesn't it seem so much more REAL now?...you will have a little one sleeping there! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Yay! Cute furniture. It will be such a cute little room. Keep updating as you decorate!

Ashley said...

You have a magic camera...looks like it took 50# off of Dad. Otherwise, cute stuff. Can't wait til it is all full with baby!