Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This weekend we were able to spend time with both of our moms. We saw my family on Saturday and Daniel's family Sunday. We wanted to share some wonderful attributes our mothers possess and let you see why we love them so much!

Bobbie (Amber's mom):
- GIVING: my mom will do anything and everything she can to help a person meet their needs. She goes above and beyond in providing for others and giving to the Lord.
- HOSPITABLE: this goes along with the giving, but I love the way my mom receives great joy from sharing her home and possessions with others.
- HARD WORKING: My mom has always been a model to me in this area. She works hard for herself and others showing incredible determination and perseverance which almost always yeilds success!
- FUN: my mom is active, loves to play, and always wants to have a good time -- and of course make it so others do too.

Bel (Daniel's mom)
actually written by Daniel :)
- PRAYING: Mom prays for us and our siblings every day consistently. There's no greater way that she has shown us her love than through the knowledge that she is lifting our requests to the Lord every morning.
- SERVING: Mom has always been an example of sacrifice and service and she continues to exemplify that...whether it be watching Wrigley, making us dinner or helping us pack and clean our old condo.
- UNSELFISH: This goes hand-in-hand with Mom's previous attribute, but I know that Mom is always doing things with others best interests in mind first and hers last.
- HARD WORKING: Mom has showed me that hard work is a part of a successful, fruitful life. She has taught me the importance of not only honoring my immediate authority with my efforts, but more importantly my Heavenly Authority. Of course, Mom's model of hard-work also includes the above attributes as well.

We love both of our moms so much and are blessed by this opportunity to show them the honor they deserve!

2 comments:

estan said...

that was nice.

M Roberts said...

i'd have to agree with both lists of attributes! and i can definitely see how the two of you have inherited those qualities yourselves!