Thursday, August 27, 2009

What do people without dogs do?

As of late, Carson has taken his sass to a new level. He's decided to be picky about the nutritious food so graciously prepared and put before him, mostly refusing offerings from the vegetable group. But even once he's had his fill of various other epicurean delights he now takes his food in is hand, looks at his mother straight in the eyes, and drops his food on the ground. Should more tasty morsels find their way to his plate, he further drives his statement home by throwing the pieces to the ground. Lucky for us we have a living vacuum cleaner named Wrigley who usually catches the food before it hits the floor (he also occasionally catches a sippy cup on the head).
I suppose there's no real harm in this, as no food is really wasted, except the grave realization that Carson is learning that he technically doesn't have to do what mommy says. Ug - that will of his is not going to jive too well with this control-loving mommy.

I did manage to snap a few pictures during this morning's episode.


8 comments:

Erica said...

Amber, join the club of moms-with-food-throwing infants! :) It drives me INSANE when Eli does this, especially when he's looking at me straight in the eye as he drops his food to the ground. Oh, the defiance! :) After a while of dealing with this and trying to figure out how to make him realize that this is wrong, but also respecting his desire to be done with a particular food, we kind of make a game out of it- "Give it to mommy!" and he gives it to me and I "make it dissapear." He has fun, and I'm spared the mess and the attitude. :)

Holly said...

I have a video I need to show you of my cousin's baby eating spaghetti...one mouthful for him & one for the dog.

Andrea & Marty said...

Amber, I just really enjoy your blogs! (I love the new layout, by the way). I read this blog aloud to Marty. I can really visualize this happening in your home and it made me laugh..out loud! We miss you guys!

Beth LoSurdo said...

Ahhhh!! Too funny! Addison does the same thing. Maddie has become quite overweight with her constant "feedings". Good to know that there are other kids who do this! :) By the way, I love your new layout!!

stephanie said...

a. I like the new look!
b. He is getting so BIG!!
c. How funny, at least you have a dog to clean it up. Where do these kids get their sass from!?!?

estan said...

ooo I like the new header... I was just thinking the other day that you need to get rid of that one i made you forever ago.

Meredith Huffman said...

Asher does the same thing!! But we don't have a living vacuum cleaner! Mommy has to get down on her hands and knees with wet paper towels... I guess I'm the dog! Carson is precious!

Ashley said...

I would like to note that the food is not the other thing he has thrown on the floor in those pictures. I also see what looks like his sippy cup and tray toy.