Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Escape attempt #1

This morning I woke up w/ 45 minutes to spare (meaning, C wasn't due to get up until then). These are the precious moments I use to shower, fix my hair, make lunches, and mentally collect the sanity needed for my day. Well 5 minutes into this self-proclaimed "me time" I hear the little guy crying.
"Well, he's just going to have to wait 20 mins b/c today is not going to be a pony-tail day." I told myself.
So my morning soundtrack was Carson crying/whimpering every so often. Then, the whimpering turned into all-out screaming.
"That's fear/panic." This mom knows her son's screams ... perhaps I am a little too well acquainted with them.
I rush into his room, and Carson is hanging over the front rail of his crib. His weight is perfectly balanced, and he's stuck! Head and arms on one side, butt and feet on the other. His paci on the ground under his head. At the moment, I was horrified, running to hold and comfort him, but all he wanted was his paci, and once it was back in his mouth the screaming stopped.
Since then, the picture in my head has only prompted laughter. And for your viewing pleasure, I've attempted to recreate the scene.



Oh and for those of you who are wondering, (which I presume is everyone) today was an excellent hair day.

5 comments:

The Uptons said...

so i guess after today's events you will remove the bumper pad so he can't boost himself up onto the edge like that, right???? glad he was not hurt!

maria

Katie said...

Yay! a new post. I needed/enjoyed it. Thanks Amber.

Amber said...

Maria, Dan says that's a good idea. Maybe we'll sneak in tonight and take it off.

Holly said...

Yea you're back! Great story! Glad you're hair turned out ok. (oh, and that C was ok too). :)

Tech Transfer Girl said...

I can completely see this whole thing play out and it makes me laugh. love it! I'm glad Carson has a great mom who loves him immensely!

I'm so happy you were able to have a rockin hair do that day too!