Thursday, July 23, 2009

4th of July

So my catch up spree is going well - I am finally w/in one month of the present. The weekend of the 4th we went to Houston for a bit and Carson was royally spoiled by his Granny. I was pretty jealous by the Target bill when we went to get him "a few toys" thinking the whole time, "that could have bought me an entire fall wardrobe!!!" But I understand that baby must come first.
When we came back to CS, we celebrated w/ some Roberts' family friends: The McLeroys, The Purcells, and The Blaschkes. This is one of my favorite things about living here. These four families have been in each others' lives for 30+ years and through 3 generations. I wish I had pictures of the whole gang, but alas, just a few of Carson in a swing. We had a great time, though.

Showing off some of his new toys

Our little Viking


Swinging in the McLeroy's backyard


Ooops, I lied. Here's one of Matt, Jackson, Carson, and Daniel - two generations of best buds!

No comments: