Friday, May 1, 2009

A whole new way of communicating

So yesterday I got to spend a couple of hours with Heather, my dear friend for the past ... oh gee 7 years? We worked side by side for many years and then were pregnant side by side for many months, and will now be mommies side by side for many years to come. I know this isn't news to any other mommies, but I'm still discovering so much - so it's big for me: After I got home I was thinking over our many conversation topics and realized we didn't really finish discussing ANY of them! In fact, I think most of our conversation went like this,

"Okay, what was I saying?"
"You were talking about ..."
"Oh yeah, well, let's see -- what was I going to say? [long pause]"
Then maybe one of us would come out of the dressing room -- we went shopping w/ the kiddos
"That looks great!"
"No it doesn't - I'm fat" (or something to that effect) "and besides, I can't afford it"
"Anyways, what was I saying?"
"Carson/Hallie it's okay -- do you want a toy?"
"You should totally buy that shirt"
"How does it make my arms look?"
"They look fine -- okay, what was I saying?"

And so it went for two hours. At least we both have little ones so we are in total understanding of the distractions and limited brain power we have which hinders conversation on any normal human level!

Carson and Hallie are great friends and love to go on rides together - these pics are back from Feb

2 comments:

Andrea & Marty said...

That is a riot! You are both such great mommies! It's fun to see you with your precious babes :)

Beth LoSurdo said...

SO true!! This is definitely how most of my conversations go these days. However, I am a little but jealous that you and Heather get to see each other all the time...I miss both of y'all so much! Your kids are precious together!! It is going to be fun watching them grow up together.